Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Top 5 Tallest Buildings

Authors note: In tech ed I watched a video on sky scrapers so I decided to make this post.

Starting with the 5th we will work our way down.

5. Petronas Towers in Malaysia are 451m tall built in 1998

4. International commerce center in Hong Kong China built in 2010, 484m tall

3. Shanghai world finance center built in 2008, 492m tall

2. Taipei 101 in Taiwan built in 2004, 508m tall

1. Burj Khalifa in United Arab Emirates built in 2010, 828m tall.

Sources:

"World's 10 Tallest Buildings - SkyscraperPage.com." SkyscraperPage.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Apr. 2011. <http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?searchID=203>.

6 comments:

  1. Why did you decide to write this? I like it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could have made it into an essay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add in some ore info. But it is cool any ways

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the CN tower would be on that list. It was one of the tallest buildings last time I heard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the deleted post. I misread something and the Canton tower in China, is in second at 600m in height and the CN tower in Toronto Canada is in third at 553m in height. Then comes the Ostankino tower in Moscow, Russia at 540m tall and finally we have the Willis tower(Sears tower) in Chicago at 527m tall. I just think I should point out, these are the worlds biggest skyscrapers, not the worlds biggest structures. There happens to be many categories on the subject of the tallest building.

    ReplyDelete